You Will Need
- Aeropress Filter (Metal or Paper)
- Wooden Stirrer
- 18g Ground Coffee (Medium-Fine)
Brew Time: 2:30 Minutes
- Bring water to a boil and allow to rest for 30 seconds.
- Grind 18g of coffee or weigh out 18g of pre-ground coffee.
- Insert a paper or metal filter into the Aeropress’s plastic cap, and gently rinse the filter and cap with hot water. This will help hold all brew parts together and avoid imparting papery or metallic tastes into your cup.
- Assemble your AeroPress. The flared end should be pointing upwards and the numbers should be upside-down. Make sure that the rubber stopper is placed at the number 3.
- Place on the scale, add coffee and tare.
- Start your timer. Gently pour 35g of water into the grounds.
- Gently stir to evenly saturate the coffee grounds. Allow your coffee to bloom for 30 seconds.
- At 30 seconds, slowly pour the remaining 145g of water onto the coffee until your scale reads 180g.
- At 1 minute, stir your coffee. This will create gentle agitation to evenly extract flavor. Steep until your timer reads 2 minutes.
- Fasten the filter-lined cap. You should feel it lock into place. Quickly and carefully flip the AeroPress and place it on your cup.
- Using both hands, carefully push down until you hear a hissing sound. This indicates that you have fully extracted all liquid.
- Once your brew is finished, unscrew the cap and gently push the inner chamber to discard the coffee grounds.
- Serve and enjoy.