Pour Over Brew Guide
You Will Need
- Manual Brew Dripper
- Cup or Decanter
- 30g Coffee (Medium Grind)
Brew Time: 3:30 – 4:00 minutes
- Bring water to a boil and let rest for 30 seconds.
- Grind 30g of coffee on a medium grind setting or weigh out 30g of pre-ground coffee.
- Place the decanter/cup and dripper on the scale and line the dripper with a paper filter.
- Before brewing, rinse the filter with hot water and discard.
- Add coffee to the wet paper filter and gently shake to level the coffee grounds. Tare your scale.
- Start your timer.
- Begin pouring in the center of the coffee bed, gently spiraling out and back toward the middle. 60g of water is the perfect amount to saturate the coffee grounds. Allow the coffee to bloom for 30 seconds.
- At 30 seconds, start from the center of the bed again and gently spiral out and then back in toward the middle. The goal is to pour just enough water to set your coffee bed, creating an environment for even extraction. Allow almost all of the water to drip through the coffee before pouring again. Your scale should read 100g at 1 minute.
- Continue pouring in 50-60g increments to keep the water level with the coffee bed. At 2:00, your scale should read 200g. At 3:00, your scale should read 300g. At 3:30, your scale should read 330g
- Let the remaining water drip through your coffee bed. At 4 minutes, your coffee bed should be dry.
Remove the dripper from your cup and enjoy.