Pour Over Brew Guide
The classic. One of the best and simplest ways to get your home coffee fix, with excellent results.
- Bring ~500 grams of water to a boil.
- Line the dripper with the paper filter.
- Pre-wet the paper filter to remove any extra sediment and to pre-heat the decanter.
- Place the pour over set onto the scale.
- Measure 32 grams of coffee and grind at a medium-fine setting (coffee should resemble the texture of sea salt).
- Start the timer and begin to pour just enough water to saturate the bed without it dripping through, the coffee bed will bubble.
- After the bloom, continue to pour in circular pulses.
- At the 4-minute mark, the scale should 320 grams (if you used a pour over stand, your weight should read ~260 grams).
This recipe works for Chemex/multiple cup brewing methods too!