You will need
- French Press
- 30 grams of coffee, coarsely ground
- Spoon or Stirrer
Brew Time: 4 Minutes
- Bring water to a boil and allow to rest for 30 seconds.
- Grind 30 grams of coffee or weigh out 30 grams of coarsely ground coffee.
- Pre-heat your French press with the hot water. Discard.
- Place your French press on a scale, add coffee and tare.
- Start your timer. Slowly pour 100 mL of water onto the coffee grounds.
- Gently stir to evenly saturate the coffee grounds. Allow to bloom for 30 seconds. This will help achieve the most complexity out of your coffee.
- Pour 200 mL of water onto the grounds and place the lid on the press. Let your coffee steep until your timer reaches 4 minutes.
- At 4 minutes, slowly press the filter down and immediately decant your coffee. Allowing your coffee to sit in the press will extend your brew time, resulting in bitter tasting coffee.